- No comments

29 Injured In Explosion In Manhattan’s Chelsea Neighborhood


(HuffPost)

---Explosion had no “international terrorism” ties, but any bomb is “terrorist” activity, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says.
---There are early indications the explosion was intentional, authorities say.
---29 people injured in the blast have been treated and released from the hospital.
---Police reportedly found a second device, described as a pressure cooker bomb, nearby.


NEW YORK ― Police are still searching for a motive and suspects after a small bomb exploded in Manhattan on Saturday night, blowing out windows and injuring at least 29 people.

On Sunday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo reiterated that the explosion had no “international terrorism” connection, “but a bomb going off is, generally, linked to terrorist activity. And that’s how we’re going to prosecute it.”

“Whoever placed these bombs, we will find who planted these explosions and they will be punished,” Cuomo said at a press conference. “This is freedom, this is democracy, and we’re not going to allow them to take that from us.”

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio noted that the incident near Sixth Avenue in Chelsea did not appear to be related to another explosion in New Jersey earlier on Saturday.

Police are reviewing video of the blast, which happened shortly after 8 p.m., said New York Police Department Commissioner James O’Neill, who was speaking during his first day on the job. They have not yet identified a suspect, he added.

Security cameras in a nearby buildings captured the blast:

Robot reaching the police






0 comments:

Post a Comment